Community members will have a chance to have their say on Upper Lachlan Shire Council’s 2017/2018 Integrated Plans at a series of Community Outreach Meetings to be held across the Shire.
Council’s General Manager John Bell said the meetings were an opportunity for the community to discuss any issues, concerns and the contents of the following draft Integrated Plans, which include:
- Delivery Program 2017/2018 to 2020/2021
- Operational Plan 2017/2018
- Infrastructure Plan 2017-2026
- Long Term Financial Plan 2017-2026
- Workforce Plan 2017-2020
- Social and Community Plan 2013-2018
“These draft Plans set the Council’s future agenda, so it is imperative that it reflects the community’s views and expectations,” Mr Bell said.
“I would encourage all community members to view the draft Integrated Plans and attend their nearest Community Outreach Meeting.
“Feedback received via these meetings and during the public exhibition period will help inform the final Integrated Plans.”
The Community Outreach Meetings to be held are as follows
- Crookwell Wednesday 26 April 2017 6.30pm Crookwell Council Chambers
- Taralga Wednesday 3 May 2017 6.30pm Taralga Masonic Hall
- Gunning Wednesday 10 May 2017 6.30pm Gunning Council Chambers
- Bigga Wednesday 17 May 2017 6.30pm Bigga Golf Club
In addition to local media channels and Council’s communication channels, the Community Outreach Meetings will be promoted using electronic signage at each of the towns prior to each Meeting, to notify the community that the meetings are being held.
The draft Integrated Plans will be available on Council’s website from Monday, 24 April 2017: www.upperlachlan.nsw.gov.au. They will also be available to be viewed at Council’s Offices in Crookwell, Gunning and Taralga or at Crookwell and Gunning Libraries from Monday, 24 April 2017.
Submissions should be made via post to JK Bell, General Manager, PO Box 42, Gunning NSW 2581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for submissions is Wednesday May 24, 2017.