Gunning Library open Saturdays
Gunning Library will open from 10am-2pm on Saturdays, commencing 1 July 2017.
Council said the decision will bring Gunning Library in-line with Crookwell’s weekend operating hours.
“Gunning Library users will no longer have to travel to Crookwell or Goulburn to access library services.
“Gunning residents who currently travel to Canberra for work on weekdays will now also have the opportunity to enjoy the Library’s wonderful array of resources and services.”
For more information, please contact Council’s Manager, Library Services, Michaela Olde on 4832 1048.
Budget and Integrated Plans
Council’s 2017/2018 Budget and Integrated Plans will take effect from 1 July 2017. It follows a decision by Councillors to adopt the Budget and Plans at Thursday’s Council Meeting.
Upper Lachlan Shire Council General Manager John Bell said a series of community outreach meetings held in Crookwell, Taralga, Gunning and Bigga and a five-week exhibition period helped inform the final plans.
The Operational Plan 2017/2018 includes a comprehensive capital expenditure works program for the Shire, totalling $12.5 million. Crookwell Landfill (Waste Centre) upgrade/remediation (two year project - $3 million cost) $1,500,000
Expenditure for 2017/18
- Public Toilet Amenities - Goodhew Park, Taralga $100,000
- Towns and villages streetscape program $200,000
- MR248E Kiamma Creek, Crookwell Timber Bridge Replacement $1,062,500
- Gravel Resheeting on Local Roads (various roads throughout the Shire all programs) $671,175
- Grabine Road, Bigga reconstruction (8 year program) $800,000
- MR52 Gundaroo Road rehabilitation and resealing $865,000
- Urban Road Pavement Rehabilitation – Bunnaby Street, Taralga $200,000
- MR248W Crookwell-Boorowa Road 2016 road damage restoration $837,000
- Bitumen Resealing on Regional Roads, funded by RMS (throughout the Shire) $334,035
- Bitumen Resealing - Urban Local Roads (throughout the Shire) $100,000
- Bitumen Resealing - Rural Local Roads (throughout the Shire) $468,000 Crookwell Water Supply Treatment Plant project (total project cost of $7 million) $1,000,000
- 4 towns water supply mains replacements $290,000
- 3 towns sewerage mains replacements $140,000