Community-spirited contributors have been recognised as Upper Lachlan Shire Australia Day Award nominees for 2018 at a Council Chambers reception in Crookwell.
Mayor Brian McCormack said the awards acknowledged the positive impacts of people and events in the Shire, and congratulated the “very worthy nominees … and thank them for their exceptional contributions”.
“I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to nominate these outstanding individuals and events so their contributions could be recognised,” Cr McCormack said.
All nominations will be assessed by the council’s selection committee, with the winners to be announced at an official ceremony held on Friday, January 26.
Citizen of the Year
- David Rees (Taralga)
- Krystaal Hinds (Gunning)
- Ann Darbyshire (Gunning)
- Margaret Carr (Crookwell)
- Keith Brown (Gunning)
- Rhonda Williamson (Taralga)
- Brian Corby (Taralga)
- Don Southwell (Crookwell)
Young Citizen of the Year
- Leigh Hickey and Guy Southwell (Gunning)
- Bailey Anderson (Crookwell)
- Annie Croker (Crookwell)
- Gemma O’Brien (Crookwell)
Event of the Year
- Taralga Australia Day Junior Rodeo
- Gunning District Historical Society, ‘Samuel Clayton’
- Gunning Fish River RFS 85th Anniversary
- Gunning Landcare, ‘Truth About Trees’