Commander's Desk | Police assistance is just a phone call away

Communicating with your local police has never been easier, but I can understand how some people have wondered which number is best to use and when. 

The Hume District

The Hume District

Obviously when there is a life threatening situation, or if a serious crime is occurring then you call 000 straight away. 

When you have a minor crime that has occurred in the past, but you would like to make a record of it with police, you can phone our Police Assistance Line on 131444. 

Your police rely heavily on information from you, the community, to help solve many crimes or give us leads to investigate illegal activity. If you have information you would like to pass on to police, please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. You can remain anonymous if you wish.

For those of you who are computer savvy, you can also report minor crimes on line on the Services NSW Website or use this link: On this site you can type your own report.

Your local police are always happy to speak with you directly either in person or on the phone. You should all have the number and address of your local police handy so you can make a call if needed. 

I regularly hear from members of the community that they were going to call police about a matter, but didn't because they didn't want to disturb us or didn't think their matter was important enough. 

Please, do not think like this. We are here to assist you in the best way we can, and I know we definitely need you to assist us. We need to work together to keep our community safe. These various options of contacting police allows for this to happen.