Sewer repair and maintenance is continuing in Crookwell to extend the life of the sewer system.
Council has engaged Interflow Pty Ltd to undertake the works, which include:
- Closed circuit television (CCTV) inspection of the main sewer pipes;
- High pressure water jetting;
- Installation of structural liners; and
- Sealing of lateral connections.
The work, which commenced last month and will continue for a further two months, will address infiltration problems.
The problems have arisen due to the age of the sewerage network, which was installed in the late 1950s.
“Every effort will be made to minimise impacts on residents while these important works are carried out,” Upper Lachlan Shire Council acting general manager Gary Woodman said.
“However, some residents may experience an increase in noise, vehicle movements and odours while work is underway.
“Those residents with a manhole located on their property should also be aware that crews may need to access the manhole during the works.”
- For further information, please contact Council’s Works and Operations Department on 4830 1000.