The Crookwell RSL Sub-Branch will conduct a Dawn Service at 6am at the Memorial Park, a March to the Memorial Park at 10.30am, and a Commemorative Service at 11am at the Memorial Park.
This year commemorates the 102nd anniversary of the landing of Anzac forces at the Gallipoli Peninsula. The sequence of events for the Dawn Service, the March and the Commemorative Service is as follows:
- 5am: Gun fire breakfast at the Crookwell Services Club.
- 5.30am: Assemble in front of the Crookwell Services Club to march to the Dawn Service
- 6am: Dawn Service commences in Memorial Park, Spring Street, Crookwell
- 7am: Breakfast at the Crookwell Hotel
- 10.30am: Personnel marching assemble in front of the Crookwell Services Club to march to Memorial Park
- 11am The Commemorative Service
- 1pm Lunch at the Crookwell Services Club for official guests, RSL Sub-Branch members and their wives
Taralga: 5.30am Dawn Service, 12.30pm lunch for invited guests, 2.45pm March leaving from Taralga Public School, 3.30pm Memorial Service at the Hall.
Gunning: 5.45am Dawn Service Gunning Cenotaph, 10.40am March, 11am Commemorative Service at the Cenotaph.
Bigga: 10.45am March, 11am Commemorative Service.
Crookwell Country Women’s Association (CWA) will provide morning tea in their rooms opposite Memorial Park for $5 per person, following the Anzac memorial service.
The morning tea will include homemade Anzac biscuits, tea, coffee or Milo. Crookwell CWA will be donating all proceeds to ‘Soldier On’, a charitable group in support of people with psychological challenges following active service.
The Criterion Hotel will also be collecting donations from this Friday’s raffle and during Anzac Day with clearly marked ‘Soldier On’ buckets.