The Crookwell AP &H Society has applied for a grant to upgrade the existing camping area at the Crookwell showgrounds.
The camping area has been catering for mobile homes and large caravans for some years and the facilities now need to be upgraded to cater for the increase.
To this end, the AP&H Society has received many inspiring letters of support from the business houses of Crookwell and surrounding villages.
Paul Anderson, AP&H Society president, said the money could cover:
- A new unisex toilet/shower block;
- The renewal of all 12 power box safety systems and power outlets servicing the showground camping area and facilities;
- Installation of water connections at all existing and additional camping sites;
- Replacement of the existing administration kiosk and marshalling office, located within the camping area, with a new structure;
- Installation of child-proof fencing.
“The benefit to the Crookwell and surrounding village businesses will be immeasurable as it has been shown by previous visits from mobile home and caravan clubs,” he said.
“The clubs have been retaining and providing us with their receipts from monies spent at local businesses with the highest amount being an expenditure of $11,470 over a four-day period.”
Mr Anderson advises that there is a six-day booking for a minimum of 70 mobile homes, arriving April 7, 2018. This will be made up of the members of two clubs, the Wagga region Wanderers and the Sydney Wanderers, conducting their annual sporting challenge events.
“More and more clubs have applied to camp at the showgrounds and the town and show society need to be in a position to cater for their needs,” he said.
More and more clubs have applied to camp at the showgrounds and the town and show society need to be in a position to cater for their needs.Paul Anderson, president