Upper Lachlan Shire Council has applied for disaster assistance to repair 25 local roads damaged by heavy rain since Saturday.
Disaster assistance is jointly funded by the state and federal governments and has already been extended to several council areas in the Hume electorate including Wingecaribee, Wollondilly and Camden.
It helps councils with clean-up and repair costs, with a threshold of $240,000, which Upper Lachlan Shire Council already estimates it will exceed.
A council spokesperson said it hadn't received a response back from the government to its application yet, but was expecting one reasonably quickly.
Most of the heavy rain damage was to roads in the north to north eastern part of the area, Upper Lachlan Shire mayor John Stafford told the Gazette.
"We're not in a good state," Cr Stafford said.
Areas such as Roslyn, Crookwell and Laggan have received more than 120 millimetres since February 8.
A Taralga resident recorded a staggering 328 millimetres since February 2
Damaged roads include:
- Bannaby Road
- Berrebangelo Road has washed away at the Jerrawa Creek crossing
- Bolong Road
- Breadalbane - Collector Road
- Bulleys Crossing, Biala at Lachlan River Crossing
- Butcher Rd
- Collector Creek Bridge, Murray Street, Collector
- Collector Rd at Collector
- Cummins Road
- Hillcrest Road
- Holloways Road
- Kentgrove Road
- Lerida Road North
- Mt Rae Rd
- Mutmutbilly Road
- Old South Road
- Parsons Lane
- Range Road (Goulburn Mulwaree end of the Road)
- Rhyanna Road
- Spicer Rd
- Strathaird Rd
- Taralga/Oberon Road at Abercrombie Bridge
- Taralga Road approximately 11.6kms towards Goulburn from Taralga - damage to road surface Reduce speed signage
- Tyrl Tyrl Road
- Woodhouselee Road, Roslyn and Woodhouselee
Nine roads were closed on Monday and eight remained closed on Thursday.
Roads closed include:
- Bevendale Road, Bevendale at the Lachlan River Crossing
- Blue Hill Road, Golspie at Burra Burra Creek (bypass washed away)
- Golspie Road at Woolshed Creek
- Jerrong Road at Abercrombie Bridge - gravel stripping of majority of road as well up to this point
- Newfoundland Road, Bannaby (only open to four wheel drives)
- Pomeroy Road at Heffernans Creek Causeway
- Tyrl Tyrl Road, Laggan from half a kilometre either side of Bolong River. Even when the water subsides, the damage to the road will require the road to remain closed until repaired.
- Yalbraith Road, Golspie at Monkey Creek